Pages

Wednesday

Thankful Thursday

It's been a poo of a week for Cackle Mummy.

Glandular fever is not all of the awesome. In fact, it is all of the Actual Yucky. It is can't-get-out-of-bed-can't-even-move-everything-aches-can'trememberhowtomovemylegsohmygollygosh awful.

I'm thankful that Tiger has a Daddy Bear who dropped everything to be Primary Carer for two days while Cackle Mummy lay in bed and moaned a lot. I have no idea how other mummies - mummies who don't have Daddy Bears around - cope when they get that sick.

Yesterday was the hardest. Daddy Bear had to go back to work and Cackle Mummy didn't really feel much better. 

But there was a Tiger.

And holy macaroni is she a beautiful Tiger.

She is a Tiger who laughs and rolls and chats away to me in Tigerish and can almost-almost-almost sit up and lies in my arms and looks up at me with the sweetest eyes I've ever seen and smiles and strokes my cheek and makes me feel like I'm not such a complete failure as a mummy after all.

These are the eyes. This is my girl.


No matter what was going wrong in your life, how could you not be thankful for that?

She makes me happy, just by being her little self. Because her little self is All of the Actual Lovely.

~ Love, Miss Cackle x

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the great Mummy Work Kate! Being really sick is soooo hard. Roll out your blanket and pillow and lie on the floor beside her. She can then roll all around you, interact with you etc. and you can get a little rest.
AND ask for HELP from family members and friends! Who I am sure will oblige.

I hope Daddy Bear has some time off over Christmas.

Post a Comment