Pages

Wednesday

Thankful Thursday



Today, I am thankful for Clare Bowditch.

I am thankful for Robbie Williams.

I am thankful for Josh Ritter and Mumford and Sons and Archie Roach and The Cat Empire and Nick Cave and Ball Park Music and Ben Folds Five and Bob Evans and, yes, even One Direction.

I am thankful for the YouTube clips sent to me by dear Poppy S when he makes a new discovery. I am thankful that his first instinct is to share these discoveries with me.

I am thankful for car trips listening to Pain of Salvation and Ayreon, Moonsorrow and Sonata Arctica.

Most of all, I am thankful for lying on the carpet beside my poppet as she wiggles to Katy Perry and Pink and Take That. My Tiger is being raised on an eclectic musical diet of country, metal and bubblegum pop. No Wiggles or Hi Five in this house. Her lullabies are The Beatles and Cat Stevens. Her play music is cheesy pop songs and indie rock.

I am thankful that, over the past few sick and stressful days I have been able to soothe and entertain my baby with music, calming and cheering myself at the same time.

I am thankful that Poppy S gave me the gift of a love of music. There really is nothing like the power of it to lift up the soul.

And, as always, I am thankful for my Tiger, for being so understanding and sweet while Mummy has been at less than her best. She is the greatest comfort and solace. She is the music that stirs my tired heart to joyous beating. 

She is lovely.

~ Love, Miss Cackle

PS More thankfulness can be found at http://www.weheartlife.com/

0 comments:

Post a Comment