Pages

Friday

Family



On Boxing Day, Tiger hung out with her Great Nan A.

Great Nan A is in her eighties but is still - especially after a recent hip operation - a formidable force of nature. She is the kindest, most resilient, most generous and brave and good-spirited person I know. And, as my little Tiger hugged this woman - who gave her her middle name - and stared up at her with eyes the very same bright blue, I saw my Nan's face reflected in my little girl.

And I was overcome.

Because if Tiger has even a quarter of the strength and gentleness of this incredible woman, I will be so proud. 

Great Nan A has four children, nine grandchildren and - almost instantaneously over the past two years she has gone from no great-grandchildren to five, with another on the way in February. The "L" family is a tight-knit, loving one and I am so glad Tiger will have many cousins (second-cousins, probably, but who cares about semantics), close to her age to grow up playing with, just as I did. 

I am so grateful that Tiger has so much loving family surrounding her, on both sides. She has doting grandparents, uncles who are completely charmed by her, cousins, second cousins, great-grandmothers ...

And, of course, a mother and father who feel so blessed to have her in their lives every single day. A mother and father who will devote their lives to making this little thing every bit as happy as she has made us. 

And we will have a loving family around us to help us every step of the way.

And I have been taught all I know about family from my Great Nan A. To her, family is the most important thing, and it is to me too. Stuff achievements. Stuff success. Who cares about money.

Family. Love. That's what important. And Tiger has both in abundance. And so she is rich and blessed.

As am I. Because I have my little family, but I have my big, complicated, extended family too. And every member of that family is just lovely.

But my Great Nan A is the best of all.

~ Love, Miss Cackle x

0 comments:

Post a Comment