Pages

Wednesday

Thankful Thursday



Today, I am thankful for so many things.

I am thankful for friends and family who take the time to ask how I'm going, and care about the answer.

I am thankful for a husband who worries. Even if it annoys me that he worries.

I am thankful for sunny days.

I am thankful for the people in shops who chat to Tiger and seem genuinely interested in her. Especially the people in Cotton On Kids, who always take the time to have a natter about how she's going.

I am thankful for the people who read this blog, and take the time to comment, either here or on Facebook or Twitter.

I am thankful for my dad's blog posts, which bring a smile to my face every day.

I am thankful for other bloggers, like Dear Baby G, Kate Says Stuff, We Heart Life, House Goes Home, Mrs Smyth Gets A Life and Sleepless Nights, who make me feel like I'm part of a community, even though I only know one of them "in the real world".

I am thankful for dill pickles. My new favourite food (and no, I'm not pregnant again).

I am thankful for advent calendar chocolate.

I am thankful for books I can read on my netbook while Tiger sleeps on top of me (thank you, NetGalley!!!).

I am thankful for Josh Ritter and Clare Bowditch, whose music gets me through the hard times.

I am thankful there aren't many hard times.

I am thankful for the people who care; the ones who keep caring even though sometimes they don't get much in return.

I am thankful that, every morning, I wake up to a gurgling little girl, alive and happy and in love with life.

I am thankful she's sleeping on me now, hugging tightly.

She has made my life lovely beyond all thankfulness.

~ Love, Miss Cackle

0 comments:

Post a Comment