Pages

Friday

I'm hugging Tiger more tightly today

 I was going to write about lovely things today.

About how Tiger and I banded together as Mummy and Tiger Baby to get through a tough sick day yesterday. 

About how Tiger's smiles and cuddles and funny little noises got Mummy through, as they always do. 

I was going to write about how Tiger is almost crawling; is working out new ways to access and play with her toys; how we snuggled in bed with Daddy Bear this morning, and how it was bliss.

But then I turned on the radio.

Twenty seven dead. Kindergarten children. Five-year-olds. 

My mind can't focus on anything else. My fingers won't type other words.

I'm just hugging Tiger all the more tightly. I'm valuing what I have all the more highly. My heart is breaking for the parents of those precious children.

Cuddle your children today, parents. Tell them you adore them. Kiss their little feet. Sing them a song. Read them a story. 

Love them. Love them so hard you think you'll break them.

I can't write anything else.

~ Love, Miss Cackle

0 comments:

Post a Comment