Pages

Sunday

Just Another Magic Monday



It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas.

And, for the first time in many years, I'm super dooper excited. Because it's not JUST ANOTHER Christmas. It's TIGER'S FIRST CHRISTMAS!!!

It's almost impossible to believe that, this time last year, Husband Bear and I were deciding whether to tell our family that I had a Tiger inside me. We'd already nearly lost her twice and our chances of keeping her were still very small.

We decided to tell everyone. We decided to tell them all at once, on Christmas Day. We bought a tiny hat and we put it in a bag with some of her ultrasound photos. We made sure it was the last present on the pile. We'd instructed my Lil Bro to play Santa and when he reached the Tiger present he said, "Who's this for?"

I said, "everyone".

HB had thought it would be amusing to let Lil Bro pull out the hat and images and for the news to slowly dawn on our family.

Instead, of course, me being me, I blurted, "This time next year there will be another member of this family," and I promptly burst into tears. Knowing it was more of a hope than a fact. Knowing that Tiger's entry into the world was still so uncertain - it would become even more uncertain in the coming months.

Now it is almost "this time next year" and Tiger is here. She made it. She exists and she is big and beautiful and feisty and funny and, occasionally, a ratbag (which I LOVE). She is her own, incredible little person. Without knowing it, she brings so much bliss to all the people who were at our house when we announced my pregnancy. And this year I am looking forward to bringing joy to her on her very first Christmas day.

And this doesn't mean lots of presents. Indeed, HB and I are intending to buy her only one toy and a book. She doesn't need "things". That's not what love is. Love isn't what we buy someone. Love isn't fancy clothes or expensive gadgets. Love is having her family around her, hugging her and kissing her and telling her she's magic.

Oh, and maybe some Christmas paper. I know she's going to love playing with that.

The magic in my Monday is Tiger. That she's here.

This morning I watched as she rolled around on her mat, picking up a toy, looking at it, deciding she didn't feel like playing with that toy, throwing it away and picking up another. She used to just play with whatever toy was closest. Now, she's choosy. It's amazing to watch.

My girl is so lovely. It's not her job to bring me happiness but oh golly she does.

She makes every day magic.

~ Love, Miss Cackle x

2 comments:

Miss Cackle said...

My Magic Monday was reading the latest blog from Cackle Mummy, and this Monday's was pretty special as it remembered an excellent day when Poppy S (ME) found out that Tessa Tiger was soon to enter the world. Really made this Monday super special

Darting Dad/Poppy S

Anonymous said...

Monday was magic, it was warm and sunny and oh so nice. It was a magical evening as I sat in the garden watching the sun slip below the hills and the water finely splash on the roses. Followed by a magical night as I held my little girl and sang her to sleep with Christmas songs. More for mummy than for her, I love our going to sleep with mummy cuddles.

Post a Comment