Pages

Sunday

My Bogan Baby



I have a baby who loves flat screen televisions.

I have a baby who loves big speakers.

I have a baby who loves sound systems and X Boxes and Playstations and ALL OF THE THINGS THAT FLASH AND SPARKLE.

I have a baby who had the highlight of her little life yesterday, shopping in Harvey Norman on a Sunday afternoon.

Daddy Bear and I had grand plans for this little baby - bushwalks and fishing and riding horses and feeding ducks and hunting for bugs and swimming at the beach. She would be a nature baby, an outdoors baby, a girl who was thrilled to be amongst the animals and plants.

We never expected that we'd have a baby who was SO EXCITED BY AN ELECTRONICS SUPERSTORE.

But, for Tiger, Harvey Norman was like a carnival; like a circus; like a fairytale castle. There was noise and shiny things and things that went bleep!

IT WAS THE BEST DAY EVER!!!

There was squealing.

There was kicking of legs.

There was giggling and blowing bubbles and waving of hands.

Yesterday, on a Sunday afternoon, in a shrine to the bogan dream of enormous televisions and thumping surround sound, my Tiger was in ecstasy.

And you know what?

Who cares. It was lovely.

~ Love, Miss Cackle

1 comments:

Amy said...

I have bogan kids. Totes. Welcome to my ugg booted, flannelette club. :)

Post a Comment