Pages

Thursday

FFS Friday



Most weeks, I have trouble cobbling together a list of things that make me go "Fish Fingers Sake". Usually, life is pretty darn awesome, with my Tiger and my Bear.

But this week was erky.

Erky enough that I have a WHOLE ENTIRE LIST of Fish Fingery Things!

Hurrah-slash-boo!

Here is my list of erk:

  1. The neighbourhood urchins have take to rocking our roof. And they seem to have an innate sense for when Tiger is sleeping. FFS
  2. Our tumble dryer is broked. And yes, it's Summer and I'm hardly using it but still. Poop. FFS
  3. Our toilet is broken. FFS
  4. Our lawnmower is broken. FFS
  5. We have none of the munnies to fix all of the brokens. FFS
  6. Tiger has a drool rash. It is hurting her poor little self. FFS
  7. Tiger also seems to have a bit of a funny tummy. Also hurting her little self and meaning sleep is not really happening all that well. My heart breaks for my poor little mite. FFS
  8. It is very warm outside. It is very cold in here. *shakes fist at dodgy insulation* FFS
  9. They have changed the recipe of my favourite curry sauce. It now contains gluten. Which is all of the bads for my coeliacy tummy. FFS
  10. I am sick. Again. And this is a bit of a weird sick. My legs periodically go numb and my chest feels all weird and I am exhausted and my throat is very sore. Please don't tell me I'm dying. FFS
Thatisall. Now I look at it, I feel like such a grumpy gremlin for all of the FFSness, but it does feel good getting it out!

There has been so many sunshiney things in this week, though, to counteract the Fish Fingers stuff. I've gone to the park with Tiger and Christmas shopped and hung out in cafes with her. I finished edits on a manuscript. I went to a wonderful book launch this time last week, and I'm going to a book shop Christmas night tonight. Also, despite her travails, Tiges has been nothing short of awesome. 

AND she received her very first prize, thanks to Dear Baby G (who also has some FFSness at her site).

Here she is playing with one of the bits. She has SO MUCH LOVE for this roly poly thing!

 
So life is good, really, and family are coming to visit us tomorrow and, despite the few things that are a bit Fish Fingery, really, everything is lovely.

~ Love, Miss Cackle

2 comments:

ann said...

Hope you feel better soon!! Our appliances have a funny way of breaking all at one all before Christmas. One year I lost a dryer, toaster and lawn mower all the week before Christmas. It is some kind of conspiracy!!

Unknown said...

#10 isn't anxiety, is it?

Post a Comment