Pages

Wednesday

Thankful Thursday


I am thankful every day for my Tiger.

But today I am especially thankful, for the help she gave me yesterday.

Yesterday, some Noisy Men came to begin the rewiring of the candy pink house, in preparation for Husband Bear, Tiger and I finding some new digs.

Cackle Mummy was super stressed about this.

My Tiger doesn't sleep well during the day at the best of times (she's a night-sleep kinda gal), and it's been even worse since she's started teething. I was sure yesterday was going to be a nightmare, what will all the banging and crashing and yelling (and, as it turns out, massive insulation dust cloud coating the house in its ick).

I was certain Tiger would get horrendously overtired and miserable.

And, as it was, she did get tired - pretty hard for anybody to sleep, let alone a tiny girl, when there are four electricians crashing about in the roof and drilling in the walls and yelling "What, Mate? What did you say, Mate? The orange cable? Where the bloody hell's the orange cable? You mean the yellow cable?" at the top of their lungs all day. And so Tiger did get tired.

But she must have known. She must have known her Mummy was stressed. Because, even while exhausted, she was an angel. She only gave one very small grizzle all the Very Long Day. She gave Mummy lots of cuddles and played happily and let Mummy read her Hairy MacLary three times (more for Mummy's comfort than her own). 

She had every right to be Very Grumpy Indeed, but my Tiger chose instead to be happy. 

And so Cackle Mummy chose to be happy as well.

And yesterday could have been an utter nightmare, but with Tiger by my side (or on my knee), it felt as if it was Tiger and Mummy against the world. It was an adventure and I was so proud of my resilient little girl.

She is actually the loveliest thing that ever existed.

~ Love, Miss Cackle

PS Give yourself the treat of more Thankfulness at http://www.weheartlife.com/

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let us rise up and be thankful,
for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little,
and if we didn't learn a little,
at least we didn't get sick,
and if we got sick, at least we didn't die;
so, let us all be thankful.
- Buddha

Me said...

It's great how sometimes children just pick up on what they need to do - glad your day wasn't as bad as you thought it was going to be.
Have a great day !
Me

Kel said...

"She is actually the loveliest thing that ever existed"
That is beautiful! Perfect closing line. I'm glad your Tiger made the whole process easier on you. x

Miss Cackle said...

It's the truth! No baby is better than Tiger (*cowers waiting for all the other mums to throw tomatoes*) :o)

Post a Comment