Pages

Thursday

Thankful Th-riday


Gah!

For the second week in a row I've got my days all muddled, so my Thankful Thursday is actually a Thankful Thriday!

It still counts, though, right (Tiger crosses Tiger paws), http://weheartlife.com/?

Well, regardless, I am very thankful this Thriday, and I'd love to tell you all about it.

Yesterday was actually a bit of an erky day in the candy pink house. The details of the erkiness don't matter - although Tiger was at pains that I should stress they had nothing to do with her little self (as you will discover below). The main thing is that I got through them, with the help of my little girl, and that's what I am thankful for.

I am grateful for Tiger.

I am grateful for Tiger hugs and Tiger smiles and Tiger holding my finger and gooing while I had a difficult conversation. I'm grateful for Tiger sleeping in my arms in the early hours of this morning while I read a difficult email. I am grateful that, with Tiger here, not only SHOULD I not fall to pieces, I have no inclination to. 

Because she is so amazing and precious and wonderful and even the thought of crying when she's wriggling in front of me seems ludicrous.

I never want Tiges to have to be an emotional support to me - that's not her job - but a sneaky cuddle when Mummy is feeling a bit less than super can't do any harm, can it?

I'm grateful, too, for all the lovely people who in some little way made me feel better yesterday, whether they knew it or not. Messages of support, emails, phone calls, smiles, a lovely chat with an old lady across the road - all of these made yesterday that much brighter.

The best thing, though? Seeing my little girl splashing about in the bath with her daddy while he sang her silly songs and thought I wasn't watching. He loves our girl so very gosh-darn much and she adores him right back. When she's old enough to eat bread, she'll think he's the best thing since it was sliced and sprinkled with hundreds-and-thousands.

I'm grateful to Daddy Bear for loving our girl. I'm grateful to both of them for giving me a precious family.

Bah humbug to bad days. I am loved and I love, deeply. That's more than enough to be thankful for!

~ Love, Miss Cackle

1 comments:

Carly said...

Thanks for linking up!

Such lovely things to be thankful for xx

[Carly ~ Creator of We Heart Life]

Post a Comment