Pages

Wednesday

Thankful Thursday: A sad day for Cackle Mummy

 
Yesterday was a day of mixed emotions for the Little Family.

I was very excited to be going back to my old school, to work with a gorgeous group of talented grade seven writers. It's always super lovely going back to The Best School Ever, and working with young people is always a privilege and a pleasure. This group was no exception. They were super talented and enthusiastic and we had a great day. I hope to have some of their work up on my Proper Professional Website very soon.

In all, it was a very happy-making time, sitting in that room with those great kids for much of the day.

But therein also lies the sadness of yesterday. 

"Much of the day".

"Much of the day", spent in the company of brilliant students, meant "much of the day" without my Tiger.

It was the longest stretch of time I have spent without my poppet since she was born. And it was haaarrrrdddd.

I felt like I was missing a limb. I felt like part of my heart was elsewhere. I felt, all day, as if I was not a whole person.

And if that sounds unforgivably soppy, I'm very sorry.

It would have been much worse if kind Daddy Bear (Tiger Primary Carer for the day) had not given into Cackle Mummy's pleadings that Tiger be brought in for a visit during the lunch break. It meant the day was harder for Daddy Bear as he had to spend much of it in the car, but there is Absolutely No Way I would have got through those hours without that golden forty minutes of hand-holding with my girl.

And at the end of the day - oh, to see Daddy Bear and my little girl (wearing a sun hat and a big smile), standing in a sunbeam outside the admin block!

My heart sang.

And the smile she gave me ...

Oh, I can't even describe it.

Any thoughts I may have entertained of weekend work evaporated yesterday. I thought I would be fine with leaving Tiger if it was with Daddy Bear, and one day I might be, but not yet.

Today, we will spend the day cuddling, and I will kiss her fuzzy head and we will have so many games and roly-polies and I will savour every single second, even more, because I know now what time spent without her feels like.

Even though it was a wonderful day, today will be better, because I have my Tiger back, and life with her is lovely.

So today, what am I thankful for? I'm thankful for great students, a wonderful school, lovely office ladies and teachers who asked to see my Tiger, a darling, generous Daddy Bear, but most of all I am thankful for that end-of-day smile. I am thankful for the little hand that gripped my finger all the way home. I am thankful for big blue eyes gazing up at my face. I am thankful for the love my girl has brought to my life. She gives me so much every day and I am utterly besotted by her.

I promise next week I will think of something to be thankful for that doesn't involve Tiger! 

~ Love, Miss Cackle

PS: For some non-Tiger thankfulness, go to http://www.weheartlife.com/

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

how will you cope when she starts school then Kate lol

Miss Cackle said...

*sobs* I DON'T KNOOOOWWWWW!!!

Michelle said...

Poor Daddy Bear was probably looking forward to a day of bonding and playing with his girl, not spending the day in the car :'(.

Anonymous said...

Hello Kate I was one of the students that you worked with when you came to visit Burnie High, I have handed in my work that i did that day to mrs Bell fingers crossed it's good writing but I really enjoyed that day and learnt so much thank you,
Hannah

Post a Comment