Pages

Saturday

Blue Jean Baby


I'm writing this, as I do every day, looking down at Tiger's tiny feet. 

Those of you who know us "in the real world" know that Tiger has a little quirk regarding her daytime sleepytimes: she will only kip if lying on top of me. It's just another one of her little eccentricities and we love her all the more for it.

So, as I write these posts I have the best view in the world - Tiger's snuffling, snoring little face and her glorious feet (yes, feet can be glorious, if they belong to a Tiger), and the bottoms of her trousers.

And that is the point of today's post: the trousers. 

Because today my little girl, for the first time, is wearing jeans. 

They are jeans threaded with glitter, and they have pink ruffles at the bottom, but they are jeans nonetheless.

And that might not seem like a Very Big Deal to you, but to this Cackle Mummy it's yet another reminder of how grown-up Tiger is becoming. Gone are the days of terry towelling suits and tiny cardis during the day. Now, Tiger has Day Clothes and Night Clothes. Last night she went to bed in a fabulous white floral confection that was more ruffle than suit. 

At night time, she still looks like a tiny baby. But during the day she is now a Big Girl.

Which is why I am grateful, quirky as it may be, for these cuddly sleepytimes. I know a day will come soon when Tiger outgrows them; when she becomes even more independent. And I am looking forward to those days - seeing the girl she becomes - but I am still cherishing these little moments of dependent babyhood while I still have them.

Time goes so quickly. My tiny girl is in jeans. I need to make the most of every single second, because they are all heartbreakingly lovely.

~ Love, Miss Cackle

 PS Here is Tiger in her blue jeans

2 comments:

JacintaV said...

Gorgeous photo xx

Miss Cackle said...

She's loving her big girl jeans!!!

Post a Comment