Pages

Sunday

Into My Arms

 
The past two mornings, Tiger has decided to shake things up a little bit (as is her wont).

For a month or so, Tiger's little routine has been to wake at around five, feed and then ...

WAKEYS!!!
MORNING!!!
PLAYING!!!
STUFF!!!
ALL OFF THE STUFF!!!

She is so excited and chuffed and thrilled to be alive and awake and in the world that she is quivering and making little "ah ah ah" noises of jubilation. It has never been a drama getting up so early, because Tiger's enthusiasm is infectious.

But yesterday, things ... changed ...

Tiges still woke at five ... 

She still fed ...

But THEN ...

She went straight back to sleep in my arms.

Thinking it would just be a tiny, few-minute nap - a way to gather even more energy before her customary Turbo Tiger Mode shenanigans, I sat there with her and waited.

And waited.

And also waited.

An hour and a half later, Tiger's huge blue eyes finally fluttered open. Her little mouth stretched into that gorgeous, contagious grin.

AND WE WERE OFF!

I thought it was an anomaly - as with so many things in Tigerland, what goes on during any given day is not necessarily replicated the day after.

But no. Today? Same thing! Wakeys, feed, sleep in Mummy's arms!

So is this now a "thing"? Should I be trying to settle Tiges back in her cot after her five o'clock feed?

Or, as she so often loves to do, is Tiger just having a little bit of fun with Mummy?

One little eye did open a teensy bit and fix on Mummy's face as I sat there, arm asleep, waiting for Tiger to wakey again. And I swear she had a tiny smirk on her little lips.

Whatever the case, what Tiger doesn't realise is that Mummy has won this game Tiger is playing. Because sitting there, in the silver dawning light, with my magical girl in my arms? That's winning.

That's extraordinarily lovely.

~ Love, Miss Cackle

1 comments:

Unknown said...

She is a trickster! I am so jello that she sleeps in your arms still, I really miss that. xo

Post a Comment