Pages

Sunday

Just Another Magic Monday


It's that time again! Monday! Hurrah!

"What's that?" I hear you say (I also hear less gentle, more expletive-laden responses to my previous statement, but I'll not repeat those here). "A Hurrah for a Monday? Why, this blogger is a most peculiar specimen indeed!"

I agree that Monday is not, traditionally, a hurrah-day. There are no TGIM memes, and the Boomtown Rats never sang, "I absolutely adore Mondays", did they?

But Mondays COULD have at least a little bit of Hurrah, if we'd only let them. Perhaps they're tired of being the Grumpy in the Seven Dwarves of days. Perhaps they've always, secretly, been longing to be Happy!

And maybe it's an unrealistic dream for poor Monday, but there is a way we can make this most downtrodden of days a little bit less yucky. All we need to do is find that small sliver of magic sparkle amongst the gloom.

So here is what I'm asking:

Today, keep an eye out for that one small thing that makes your Monday less manic and more magic. It could be a tiny thing: a long hot shower at the end of a long day, listening for awhile to your favourite radio station, putting an extra spoonful of Milo in your milk. Whatever it is, take note of it and let me know. We can all share the magic bits of our Mondays and help each other to find a smile amidst the Monday frowns.

What do you say? I'd love it if you'd help me find the magic in Mondays!

And what's my Magic Moment?

It happened very early in the day - about two am. Usually, after I do Tiger's middle-of-night feed, Bear gets up and we pass the baton. I go back to bed for another three hours and he sits up for the ten minutes or so it takes to settle Tiger.

See, usually, Tiger sees Daddy as "sleep" and Mummy as "play", so it takes Mummy a lot longer to settle Tiges. Also, Mummy often has a migraine in the middle of the night, so this is just a system we have set up that benefits everyone.

BUT!

This morning, Mummy settled Tiger all by her good self. Sure it took a bit longer than it would have taken Daddy Bear, and sure she woke up again just as Mummy was putting her into her cot BUT she went back to sleep ALL BY HER LITTLE SELF.

And Mummy was all, like, "Yeah, I got this. Don't need nobody else 'cos I am the settling QUEEN!"

And, as she sneakily got up to check her Tiger was, indeed, beautifully asleep, her heart almost burst with love for her tiny, clever thing.

One arm up.

One arm down.

Little rosebud mouth half open and snuffling.

Cackle Mummy thought she really did have the most magical thing in the world, lying in front of her. And the loveliest.

What's your magic moment?

~ Love, Miss Cackle

6 comments:

Miss Cackle said...

From Steve: How beautiful is this island of ours! Yesterday I went to the Long Gallery for an exhibition of Tasmanian Landscape photographers. The work was simply stunning and, as usual, although I would not swap our idyll by the river for the world, I hankered for a McMansion so I had some wall space. Had to content myself with some post-cards. Met Rob Blakers whose work I have admired for years - lovely man. Then I took my own camera around a gloriously sunny waterfront to see if I too could produce a few decent images. So with pictures of my island's out of this world scenery, and of people out and about enjoying the glory that is summer in Hobart, I'm having a Magic Monday

Miss Cackle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I love reading your Monday Magic, and it makes me stop and think every monday what is also magic in my life.
Today it would be looking back at the magical weekend that I had with my family, although rather hectic.
Friday evening my children had there normal little athletics meet and both did pb's in their events.
On saturday we had a very long day of Athletics at St.Leonards with a combined state meet. I cannot express how very proud of my children I was. As Anastasia lined up for her races, I was very nervous, had massive buterflies in my tummy. Her father was even a little emotional. And to see her win against kids from all over the state was a very proud moment.
Then to top the weekend off, yesterday was Anastasia's 8th birthday, and we spent a lovely afternoon at the pool with our dearest friends.
Hope you have a Magical Monday
BJ

Miss Cackle said...

What a lovely comment. Go your Anastasia!!! What a clever girl :o)

Travellin' Penguin said...

My 'magic Monday morning'was when one of my three dogs sneaked up on the 'baby dog'who was happily, quietly chewing a rawhide, doing the right thing we have worked endlessly to train him and Little Madame dog jumped him for the rawhide scaring the bejesus out of everyone on the bed. I share my bed w/ 3 dogs and a cat. I know...sad but my husband and I have weird sleeping patterns so he share his bed with another cat. So had a huge explosion of blankets and fur for my alarm clock this morning! Pam

Miss Cackle said...

How gorgeous! We used to share our bed with Mephy Danger, but since Tiger is in the room now the poor thing sleeps in the laundry. I do miss a fluffy lump on my feet and a face nuzzle in the morning!

Post a Comment