Pages

Monday

We Can Make Sandwiches



Tiger has had her first sammitch.

I know, compared with the big asteroid (meteor? Comet? Conspiracy by Obama to prove global warming?) thingie that zipped past Russia the other day, the national election and the imminent arrival of my New Josh Ritter CD (squeeeeeee), this is not enormous news.

But, in our house, it is BIG. For some reason, I always had "sandwich-eating" in my head as the moment when Tiger would become a Proper Person. Not when she crawled (which she is doing, still in caterpillar style), walked (sort of, with help from Daddy and Mummy or her rocket ship), or talked ("hi", "hello", "yum", "yep" "not-mum-yet"). "Sandwich-eating" just seemed like such a Proper Person thing to do. 

A Big Person thing to do.

And she did it. Messily, with much bemusement, but she did it. A whole half of a mashed narnie sammitch.

When we went to the supermarket, later, Daddy Bear and I had Much Fun picking other sammitch ingredients for Tiger. Tomorrow, she has hummus. We'll also try avocado and cream cheese.

I am, as always, so proud of my Tiger for the cool-as-a-cucumber way she handled this next big milestone.

Gosh she's adaptable.

Gosh she's easygoing.

Gosh she's a SANDWICH-EATING LOVELY!

~ Love, Miss Cackle x

0 comments:

Post a Comment