Pages

Tuesday

Easy Like Tessa Tiger ...



Today's post is less "post" and more "question".

It's a question for parents and all other people who look after Very Small Humans.

See, the thing is, being Tiger's mum, right now, is super easy. She is the most laid-back, happy, chilled, contented little sweetheart. People in shops, the doctors, randomly on the street, comment on how blissed-out she seems. And it's true. The grumpiest she gets is a bit of a growl if she drops her rusk.

But it wasn't always the case. When Tiger was younger and had reflux, her sore tummy meant that every feed left Tiger in intense pain, and it was horrible seeing her suffering. For about a month, my heart contracted with pain as I watched my gorgeous girl in terrible agony. They weren't easy times.

But for the past, oh, five or six months, parenting Tiger has been effortless. Which leads me to ask ... Is this as good as it gets? Is this three-to-nineish-months period NORMALLY the easiest time in a child's life? Will it all end the moment she hits ten months? Or will Being Tiger's Mumovich be smooth sailing until she becomes a sullen teenager who Hates Me So Bad?

So my question is this: What was the "easiest" time in parenting for you? What was the hardest? Can I expect a horrible time in a year? Or will life be simple until age nine?

I'd love to hear your stories. What were the Easiest and Most Challenging stops on the Parenting Express in your family?

Tiger would love to know, too. Just so she can sit back and smugly declare, "Yeah, I'll always be the awesomest Tiger that ever there was. At no point shall I ever be THAT CHALLENGING."

We'll see ...

But for now, goshdarnit she is lovely!

~ Love, Miss Cackle x

0 comments:

Post a Comment