Pages

Friday

Tiger's boo boo



I am officially the Worst Mother Of All Time.

I should have listened to my Tiger yesterday. The Boosti is The Devil, and she obviously knew it. Because today, as I was madly trying to get Stuff Done, I popped Tiger in it and ...

Tiger fell out.

She had got her Link Toy caught on her foot and bent forward to retrieve it and fell, tiny-tiger-head-first onto the lino.

Clunk.

Oh golly gosh, I had never heard a louder or more horrible Clunk in my entire life.

Nor had I heard a louder or more distraught Tiger Scream.

Of course, I did not do the sensible thing (as discussed with Auntie J the day before) of being all calm and happy and pretending it never happened.

I Freaked the Heck Out.

I was convinced Tiger had sustained a horrible and life-threatening skull fracture / brain injury / horrific trauma that would in later life lead to severe PTSD.

I grabbed my baby and I hugged her more tightly than I had ever hugged her before and said, "It's okay, it's okay, it's okay" for about, oh, half an hour - long after Tiger had stopped screaming and had totally forgotten about it and was intent on trying to eat my tee shirt.

She doesn't APPEAR to have any residual injury or upset from her little boo boo, but how can I be sure?

And how can I EVER stop feeling that I am the Worst Mummy Ever?

Tiger KNEW the Boosti was Bad News and I ignored her.

My poor baby. She is Lovely. And I am a Terrible Person.

~ (Somewhat subdued and guilt-ridden) Love, Miss Cackle x

2 comments:

Sean Wright said...

I used to fall over a lot as a child, almost had a permanent bump on my forehead. Strongest bone in the body irc. Still a sickening sound though.

Miss Cackle said...

Yes, my least favourite noise in the world is now "clunk"!

Post a Comment