Pages

Wednesday

Thankful Thursday



Here are the things that mean something:

Tiger's enormous smile as she gazes up at me in her cot every morning.

Sitting with her in sunbeams, listening to pop music and watching her delight as a bird hops across the garden.

Her little belly, on show today as it's too warm for singlets.

The way she strokes my face, my hand, my arm, so gently, as I feed or cuddle her.

Her ability to change and adapt and take on new challenges without fear or fuss.

Her chubby little legs and ENORMOUS feet.

The long eyelashes that seem even longer in the sunlight.

The way she breathes more heavily when she's concentrating hard.

The cheeky little grin she gives me when she knows she's being naughty.

Her new "head on chest, bottom in air" cuddles.

Reading stories together, hanging out washing together, walking together, just being and breathing and existing together.

Squeals of delight, grunts of frustration, gurgles and coos and "ngahs" and "ayeeees" and "shmerrrs".

Me and Tiger.

That's what I am thankful for.

The rest doesn't matter.

~ Love, Miss Cackle x

0 comments:

Post a Comment