Pages

Tuesday

Resurrecting Miss Cackle - and Tiger snores!


A few years back, when I was experimenting with blogging, I created this blog. The intention was to blog one lovely thing per day, as a way of reflecting on the sunshiney things in life instead of the gloomy ones. This was back when I was a full-time Miss Cackle to a bunch of fabulous ferrets, who in themselves made life lovely. This was also immediately prior to my life going BATBALLS CRAZY BUSY (Full time work! Authorness! General other life busy stuff! Gah!), and Bear creating my actual proper professional blog, and this blog soon fell by the wayside.

So did Miss Cackle, for a time. She wasn't "professional". She was silly and frivolous. And so she was shelved.

And, soon, I completely forgot about this blog. For a time, I forgot about lovely things.

But, just yesterday, I remembered (which is, in itself, an omigolly moment as, post-Tiger, remembering is not something I do often).

But I was thinking, while cuddling a sleeping Miss T (after a morning full of "heads and shoulders, knees and toes", Diary of a Wombat and "The hokey pokey"), that my life has improved in loveliness exponentially since she was in the world. And - holy moley - I thought of this blog! And wished I'd kept it going.

And I realised I am Miss Cackle again, since Tiger has come. And Miss Cackle needs a blog. A lovely one.

As my goal for the week is: "Non, je ne regrette rien" (the one and only time you will ever "hear" me speak French, I promise), I've decided not to wish I'd kept it going but, instead, GET IT GOING AGAIN!

I want to remember the lovely things. I want to write them down and make them solid, so they don't float away.

I won't blog every day. Tiger is an ace blogging-gremlin. I may even discard the blog again as I realise life is already too goshdarn crazycakes. But if I do, well, C'est la vie (oops - and did I spell that correctly, Francophiles?). I'll try to write not only about Tiger, but she will feature heavily. And today she is the star. I have the best, loveliest of intentions to keep this blog going, for me and for her and so, here is my first lovely:

Baby snores.

I did not know, before Tiger, that babies snored. They do and it is the sweetest funniest sound in the world. In fact, all the noises babies make while sleeping are just magical.

And indescribably lovely.


~ Love, Miss Cackle

2 comments:

Sandy Fussell said...

One word - yay!

JacintaV said...

I'm sure I'm going to enjoy this daily Cackle

Post a Comment