Pages

Tuesday

I do not wish to nap, Mummy!


Yesterday, my Tiger made another Very Big Life Decision, affecting her little existence.

Up until yesterday, Tiger's naps have been pretty clockwork: 7:30, 11:30, 3:00, and then down to sleep at around 7:45. Yesterday ... notsomuch.

She went "down" (by which I mean she closed her little eyes in the baby carrier) as usual at 7:30. She woke up, licking the baby carrier (whole other post there) at 9:30, as usual.

But then 11:30 came and went and T was still very wakey. Slightly grizzlepotty but wakey. So we went for our walk, which usually settles Tiger.

This day?

Not. So. Much.

We arrived home, Tiger still wakey, at 12:30. I fed her, read her Hairy MacLary, I'm Green and I'm Grumpy and Belinda, did some Attempting-To-Roly-Poly, did our ABC cards, more ATRP, all of this interspersed with Attempting To Settle Petal ...

By this time it was 2:00. Tiger was still very wakey and a bit more grizzlepotty than is usual for a Tiger of her temperament. She was also hungies again so we had a bit of cereal and then finally ...

A YAWNIE!!! HUZZAH!!!

Cue elated singing of "Rockabye Tiger", tummy stroking and then ...

In carrier walking around room patting bottom few little grizzles but otherwise ...

SLEEPIES!

At 2:40. When usually Tiger is sleepies many hours before this.

Does this mean middle nap is gone? Does this mean my Tiger is EVEN MORE GROWN UP THAN FIRST THOUGHT?

It's not a bad thing. More time for stories, songs, hokey-pokies but ... 

My little Tiger. Not so little any more. I have to cherish, even more, each day I have with her. Because they are all so fleeting and so very lovely.

~ Love, Miss Cackle

0 comments:

Post a Comment