Pages

Sunday

Paperback Writer



Only a short post today. I'm in Writer Mode.

This differs from Mummy Mode in that there is less banana and vomit, and more typing. Otherwise it's pretty much the same. It's all to do with joy and imagination.

Having Tiger has done wonders for my imagination. I'm so inspired by her and her funny ways. I imagine her often as she grows up and the adventures she will have in life, and these imaginings turn themselves into stories. 

At present, I'm editing my second manuscript since having Tiger - that's two full-length novels in nine months. I have also edited three pre-existing manuscripts since she was born. 

I know it sounds like boasting. I also know that, one day very soon, I am probably going to hit a big fat brick wall (probably with a sign spelling "Toddler" painted across it).

But, for now, Writing Mode and Mummy Mode seem perfectly compatible. And I hope that, one day in the future, Tiger will read the things I am writing now and know they are infused with all the little moments of her existence. I hope she knows that she is present in every word I type.

Before I had Tiger, writing was my greatest love. Now it is still so very important to me, but it is number two.

Luckily, my number one and my number two get along famously.

~ Love, Miss Cackle x

0 comments:

Post a Comment