Pages

Friday

The moment my heart exploded.



Today, Tiger and I were going on a Very Ordinary walk in our Very ordinary city.

As if our wont (or, at least, it WAS - read on *sob*), Tiger was travelling in her Baby Bjorn on my tummy. We've walked together like this ever since Tiny Tiger was big enough to fit in this most wonderfully ergonomic of baby transportation devices (thank you again, a million times, to Auntie N for gifting it to us - you've no idea how valued it has been).

We love the Baby Bjorn because we can cuddle as we walk, and whisper to each other, and I can hold Tiger's tiny hands and she can see the world from an Even Bigger Person's view.

And, up until today, it has been the perfect way for us to move.

But today, something bad happened. Today, as we were on our Very Ordinary walk, crossing a busy street in the middle of the Launceston CBD, when we were hit with quite some force from behind. A woman was racing up the hill, dragging behind her a shopping trolley. The trolley bashed into my legs and I hurtled forward, my feet becoming tangled in the trolley.

I can only thank all the powers of good in the universe that I managed - with some difficulty - to stay upright.

The woman kept running up the hill.

The Tiger Mother within me (and a hefty shot of adrenaline), caused me to scream after her, "You could have killed my baby"!

I then promptly burst into tears.

And it may not be true. Tiger might not have died if I'd fallen forwards with force, but she would have been horribly injured. And the thought of what might have happened if a car had whizzed around that corner, not seeing us sprawled on the road ...

My heart exploded at the thought of it.

And tomorrow, sadly, we are off to buy a stroller. 

~ Love, Miss Cackle x

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wearing your baby is no more dangerous than using a stroller... in fact it is probably safer as baby is close and right where you can keep an eye on her. there are ways to wear your baby high on your back like an African, Indian or Asian woman so she can still be close toy you, looking over your shoulder and if you fall forward she is on top of you, not the other way around. there are groups where you can try out and find out about different wraps (my favourite) and carriers. The nw coasts one is on Facebook and called costal baby wearers. Im sure they could point you in the right direction for the launceston one. goodluck and don't give up just because of a freak accident... your babys favourite place to be is with you! Btw, baby wearing groups are usually full of lovely, welcoming, alternative mummas.

Post a Comment